Audi connect e-tron services Privacy Statement Highlights
Please note that it is your responsibility to inform all occupants of the Vehicle (as defined below), including other drivers, about how information about them and the Vehicle may be collected, used, and shared as described in this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement governs the information that We (Audi of America, Inc. (“AoA”), an operating division of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. and Verizon Telematics Inc. (“VTI”), collect when you use Audi connect e-tron services, operate a vehicle equipped with Audi connect e-tron services, use the Audi connect e-tron services mobile application, or visit the Audi connect e-tron services website. To save you time, we have included the following “highlights” of our Privacy Statement. Please see the full Privacy Statement below or at etron.audiusa.com, for more detail about our information collection and handling practices.
What Information Do We Collect?
- We collect information about you. This information includes the following:
- contact information;
- billing information which may be collected after the introductory period has ended;
- information about your use of Audi connect e-tron services, Vehicles equipped with Audi connect e-tron services, the Audi connect e-tron services mobile application, and the Audi connect e-tron services website; and
- information about your interactions with us, our affiliates, or our Service Providers.
- We collect information about your Vehicle. This information includes the following:
- make, model, and year of your Vehicle;
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN);
- purchase or lease date;
- dealer from which you purchased or leased the Vehicle;
- information about the state of your Vehicle; and
- the location of your Vehicle.
- We collect information about your mobile device when you use the Audi connect e-tron services mobile application. This information includes:
- the type of mobile device you use;
- its operating system;
- information you provide via your mobile device;
- other information as necessary to provide you with the service.
- We collect information about you and your Vehicle from the following sources:
- directly from you or your use of Audi connect e-tron services;
- from your dealer;
- from the Vehicle’s distributor or manufacturer;
- from our Service Providers and affiliates; and
- from publicly or commercially available sources.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- To provide Audi connect e-tron services to you and the occupants of your Vehicle
- To customize Audi connect e-tron services for your use
- To analyze and troubleshoot Audi connect e-tron services and usage
- To improve our product offerings
- For research, safety and prevention of fraud and misuse
- To communicate with you
- To provide you with information about products or services offered by us (the Audi Companies, the Verizon Companies and our Service Providers or third parties)
- To provide you with information about other products or services we think may be of interest to you offered by other carefully selected companies with whom we may partner
- For marketing purposes
- To maintain internal records
- To comply with legal obligations
- To use or share in an anonymized or aggregate manner for purposes including research, analysis, and product or service improvement
How Do We Share the Information We Collect?
- Within the AoA group of companies, including its parents and affiliates (the “Audi Companies”)
- Within VTI and its parent and affiliates (the “Verizon Companies”)
- With our Service Providers for activities performed on our behalf
- With other carefully selected companies with whom we may partner to provide you with information about products or services we think may be of interest to you
- With your dealer to assist it in servicing your Vehicle or for other business purposes
- As required or permitted by law, including for government requests based on legal process
- When we have reason to believe that someone is causing injury to or interference with our rights or property, other users of Audi connect e-tron services or anyone else that could be harmed
- In the event of a sale or acquisition of our companies
We may also share aggregated or anonymized data with certain third parties.
How to Contact us: Call 1-844-573-8766.
Audi connect e-tron services Privacy Statement
Protecting your privacy is very important to us. This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 23, 2015.
The purpose of this privacy statement (the “Statement”) is to describe what information Audi of America, Inc. (“AoA”), an operating division of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., and Verizon Telematics Inc. (“VTI”), (together “we” or “us”) may collect in connection with Audi connect e-tron services, including when you use Audi connect e-tron services, operate a vehicle equipped with Audi connect e-tron services, use the Audi connect e-tron services mobile application, or visit the Audi connect e-tron services website. It also describes how and with whom that information may be used or shared. This Statement is not intended to limit any data usage provisions contained in the Audi connect e-tron services Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”) that you agreed to in order to receive the Audi connect e-tron services or any other agreements that you may enter into with the Verizon Companies or the Audi Companies.
This Statement specifically relates to the Audi connect e-tron services (“Audi connect e-tron services” or the “Service”), defined as the current suite of services available exclusively on Audi e-tron vehicles including Remote Battery Charging, Remote Pre-Trip Climatization, Remote Vehicle Status (including vehicle location), Remote Trip Statistics, and Remote Departure Time Programming. For the Privacy Statement related to Audi connect services, please see http://www.audiusa.com/technology/intelligence/audi-connect/connect-privacy.html, and for the Privacy Statement related to Audi Companies’ websites and digital properties generally, please see http://www.audiusa.com/privacy. Please read this Statement and the Terms of Service carefully.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We collect information about you and your Audi vehicle (the “Vehicle”) to facilitate the provision of Audi connect e-tron services. Providing these services involves a commercial relationship between you and us. Your use of Audi connect e-tron services may involve your interaction with our Service Providers. Service Providers are third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as call centers, mailing vendors, website hosting companies, equipment and software manufacturers, certain advertising companies and content providers, or other third party vendors acting on our behalf to provide Audi connect e-tron services. We and our Service Providers require certain information from you to provide those services. For example:
- To provide Audi connect e-tron services, we must collect certain information when you activate your account and agree to the Terms of Service, including your contact information (e.g., your name, address, and email), your billing and payment information and various other information. We may use this information to establish your credit after the introductory period or protect against fraud and misuse.
We may also monitor or record conversations you have with our customer service representatives for purposes such as assessing, maintaining or improving service quality; issue resolution; training; or promoting and providing services. You understand and agree to such monitoring and recording. When you contact Audi connect e-tron services for the provision of services, we may collect caller identification information and the date and time of call. Our and our Service Providers’ customer service representatives may remain on the line while conferencing in a third party to assist in completing a service request.
We may use information about you and your Vehicle to provide or customize Audi connect e-tron services for your use, analyze and troubleshoot Audi connect e-tron services and usage, improve our product offerings, maintain internal records, and communicate with you about Audi connect e-tron services or other products or services. For information about your choices regarding communications, refer to the “Your Consent and Choice Regarding Communications” section below.
The information we may collect about your Vehicle or your mobile application, includes, by way of example:
- information relating to the purchase or lease of your Vehicle (e.g., make, model, year and Vehicle Identification Number (VIN));
- information concerning your Vehicle’s operation, performance and feature utilization to enable us to, among other things, provide you with Audi connect e-tron services, perform research, and improve our products and services;
- information about your Vehicle’s location; and
- information concerning the type of mobile device you use, the device’s operating system, information you provide via the device, and other information as needed to provide service.
We use your Vehicle’s location data to provide the Service and to diagnose, repair and track service and quality issues, to evaluate the performance and safety of our vehicles, products and services and to improve the quality of our vehicles, products and services. We do not use your Vehicle’s location data for marketing purposes or share it with Service Providers other than to provide the Service.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
We obtain information about you and the Vehicle in a number of different ways. These include, but are not limited to:
- information you or your Vehicle dealer, distributor, or manufacturer provide to us when you buy or lease your Vehicle or register for Service;
- information obtained from Audi connect e-tron services equipment in the Vehicle and your use of the Service;
- information you provide when you use the Audi connect e-tron websites, other Audi connect e-tron online services or those our Service Providers, or the mobile application;
- information provided by you directly, through communications between you and us (or our Service Providers);
- information obtained through publicly available or commercial sources; and
- information exchanged within the Audi Companies or Verizon Companies and with our Service Providers.
How Do We Share the Information We Collect?
We share your information with Service Providers for the purpose of delivering Audi connect e-tron services to you. We may also share information about you and your Vehicle with Service Providers for support services such as call centers, mailings and website hosting.
We may share your personal information within the Audi Companies or the Verizon Companies for the purpose of delivering Audi connect e-tron services to you, to facilitate research and analysis, improve our product and service offerings, and for marketing. In addition, we may share your personal information to comply with law or legal requirements, enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements, or protect our rights, property, or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users, or others. If we or some or all of our assets are acquired by another company, including through a merger or sale in connection with bankruptcy, information we have collected about you and your Vehicle will be treated as an asset and may be transferred to a third party that purchases or otherwise acquires our assets, and that third party will assume the rights and obligations regarding your information as described in this Statement.
We may share information with dealers to assist you with service needs and to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may share information with trusted third parties for joint marketing offers that may be of interest to you.
We may aggregate or anonymize information we collect about you and your Vehicle so that it no longer reasonably identifies you for purposes including research, analysis, marketing and product or service improvement. We may share aggregate or anonymous information with certain third parties.
UPDATING OR CHANGING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
It is your obligation to correct or update the information you provide upon activation of the Audi connect e-tron services when that information changes. You may review, update or change your information by calling one of our customer specialists at 1-844-573-8766.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We employ reasonable safeguards to protect against the loss of, or unauthorized access to, the information under our control. Although we take your privacy very seriously and we use reasonable practices to protect the privacy of your information, we cannot guarantee that your information will always remain secure.
SECURITY ON CELLULAR AND WIRELESS NETWORKS
The Audi connect e-tron services transmit data between the response center and your Vehicle over wireless and cellular telephone networks. Although there are safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of the data transmitted to and from the Vehicle, no program is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee that the safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose the data transmitted to and from the Vehicle.
We may collect your financial information such as credit and debit card numbers and bank and other financial institution account numbers in connection with transactions you enter into with us. We use your financial information to help us process these transactions. We may use third party Service Providers to help us perform some of these tasks. In such instances, we will provide your financial information to these third parties for the sole purpose of performing these tasks. We may also provide your financial information to your credit card issuer, financial institutions, credit card processors or other payment processors to process transactions.
USE OF AUDI CONNECT E-TRON SERVICES WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATIONS/COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
When you browse the Audi connect e-tron services websites or use the Audi connect e-tron services mobile application, we collect information about you, your use of the services, and your device. For example, you may submit on our website your name, contact information, VIN, and the like. In addition, we collect information about your interactions with the Audi connect e-tron services website and mobile application, or websites of our Service Providers. We may collect and use your IP address and the website address of your point of entry to our websites, as well as other information about your connection, including your computer’s browser and platform type and your Internet connection speed. We may also collect and use information concerning the type of mobile device you use to access Audi connect e-tron services; the device’s operating system; information you provide via the device; and other information as necessary to provide Audi connect e-tron services. We use this information to monitor statistics such as how many people visit our websites and use our mobile applications; which pages people visit on our websites and how much time is spent on each page; which Web domains our visitors come from; which browsers are used to visit our websites, and how people use our mobile applications.
We may also use “clear GIFs” (aka “Web beacons" or “pixel tags”) or similar technologies on our websites and/or in our communications with you to enable us to know whether you have visited a web page or received a message.
YOUR CONSENT AND CHOICE REGARDING COMMUNICATIONS
By using Audi connect e-tron services, you agree to the practices and procedures described in this Statement. You also consent to our contacting you at your address, email address or phone number on file for the purpose of delivering Audi connect e-tron services to you and to discuss your account services, features and benefits. From time to time, we may also send you information about selected products, services or offers we think may be of interest to you. In addition to any unsubscribe options that may be contained in emails you receive from us that provide offers for Audi connect e-tron services or other products or services, if you do not want to receive emails or other communications about our offers, products or services, contact a Customer Service representative at 1-844-573-8766 or email@example.com. Please note that even if you choose not to receive marketing emails from us, you may still hear from us regarding the status of Audi connect e-tron services and any other service issues and order status updates that will allow us to provide you with the optimal user experience.
AoA adheres to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (www.AboutAds.info). If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising or content from us while visiting AoA websites, including the Audi connect e-tron service website, you may click on the AdChoices icon located at the bottom of the web site page or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page (www.AboutAds.info/choices). If you do not wish to receive personalized advertising or content from us on non-AoA websites, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt-Out page (www.AboutAds.info/choices) or click on the AboutAds icon on an AoA advertisement and follow the instructions on how to opt out. Opting out of relevant advertising will not opt you out of all advertising, but rather only those advertisements that are personalized to your interests by AoA or its agents or representatives.
OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information.
The Audi connect e-tron services websites may contain links to other websites, including, among others, those of advertisers, other third parties and companies whose trademarks may appear on the Service websites. We are not responsible for the information collection practices or the content of the websites to which we link or content and information collection practices of the websites and online services belonging to our Service Providers.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We reserve the right to change this Statement. Any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Statement. We will notify you of any material changes to this Privacy Statement by posting a revised Statement on the Audi connect e-tron services website. You can access the current Statement at etron.audiusa.com; or request a copy from us by calling us at 1-844-573-8766 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your continued use of Audi connect e-tron services after any such change is made constitutes acceptance of the terms of the modified Statement.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
Please note that under California law, businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.
We welcome feedback concerning this Statement. Please send your comments and questions to 1-844-573-8766 or email@example.com.